– bk farmyards gets a write up on tasting table. I’ve contacted them early this summer to build a veggie garden in my backyard. I did it on my own (with the help of my cute father) and so far the tomato plant hasn’t bloomed a single tomato, the squash is diseased and the chard is eaten up by snails or squirrels or slugs. The cucumbers though are flourishing and tastes yummy in a salad and perilla leaves and herbs are over productive.
– Dickson Despommier writes about vertical farms. $20-$30 million sounds like a lot of money to build one five story farm. But I imagine a decade from now the city, especially Brooklyn will run rampant with not only rooftop and backyard mini farms but buildings dedicated to fresh local veggies. He’s writing a book on it, coming soon.
– The Shiny Squirrel is an inventory of emerging artists and designers with a crafty and hip edge. I like what I see.
– 42 fresh farmer’s market recipes.
– What it means to live in Greenpoint.
– NYC guide to flea markets.
– The Blue Stove on tasting table. They have yummy strawberry rhubarb pie and I would LOVE to bake for them in that rustic kitchen.