It’s been an INSANE summer. Actually it’s been a ferociously hectic but AMAZING year so far. I’ve had the opportunity to meet and collaborate with some super awesome heroes putting together events and performances, cooking and baking, dancing and partying, smooching and gyrating. Ok, maybe not the smooching and gyrating. I’m going to try to report on every single event I’ve encountered albeit a few weeks or even months too late and appease my compulsive need to document and share my experiences.
Till then, here are a few things you’ll just have to check out this week.
– First of UTMOST IMPORTANCE is GREENPOINT FOOD MARKET. I’ve been organizing this weekly prepared foods market since September and have had many trials and tribulations figuring out the best means to get the word out and get homecooks to sign up. We’ve had amazing responses and the community is stoked about getting to sample some seriously delicious homemade goods from pancakes to cupcakes, from butter to kombucha, from jam to pickles and I NEED to keep the momentum going.
Come check it out THIS SATURDAY starting at Noon, inside the Church of Messiah located at 129 Russell Street btw Nassau and Driggs in good ol’ Greenpoint.
– my dear friends Fall of Another Year is performing at Monkeytown starting at 8pm. Their performance will be accompanied by the video collage stylings of Mike Wilson.
– Artists Muntean/Rosenblum will open their show at Team Gallery. I’ve had the great opportunity to work with them in the past and can’t wait to see the new show.
– Christopher Reiger of the amazing art blog Hungry Hyaena will open a show at the Platform space at Denise Bibro. The gallery will also have a show about dogs and there will actually be pups there that you can rescue, organized the one and only Olympia Lambert.
– I organized another Greenpoint Girls Group dinner at Papacitos starting at 7pm. The first one was a brunch at the same place in August, which I wrote about at Greenpointers. If you’re a lady, and you live or work in Greenpoint, and you KICK ASS, then please join us. Check out the invite here.
– Greenpoint Open Studios participating artist Sarah Nelson Wright features Brooklyn Makes, a two day installation in the Williamsburg Industrial Zone with video projections bringing North Brooklyn’s hidden labor onto public streets. Check invite here.
– GREENPOINT FOOD MARKET!
– Jeff Stark’s Nonsense list celebrates their 10 year anniversary at 3rd Ward. I’ll be there helping artist Lauren Darling perform Hungry for More. Basically, we will cook and serve a six course meal but with a slightly jarring twist. Be there.
– Fierce and Sweet has organized the 1st annual Brooklyn Bake Off to Benefit New York Cares. I will be competing with my simple signature dessert, the coconut macaroon. So come check it and vote for me for a good cause!
– Sam of the amazing Skimkim catering has organized the 29th Annual Chili Cook-Out. I was going to participate and make chili which I’ve only attempted once but I’m already committed to the Fierce and Sweet bake off!! But do attend and keep yourself warm and drink beer for cheap!
– Kitchen goddesses Zora and Tamara, of the supperclub Sunday Night Dinner are celebrating the release of their new cookbook Forking Fantastic at WORD in Greenpoint including a potluck dinner party and book signing. I will be there with empty bellies and dessert.