– I was unawares of Roger Ebert’s condition. He cannot eat or drink, which he does not miss. Here, he grieves the loss of dining: “Isn’t it sad to be unable eat or drink? Not as sad as you might imagine. I save an enormous amount of time. I have control of my weight. Everything agrees with me…What I miss is the society. Lunch and dinner are the two occasions when we most easily meet with friends and family. They’re the first way we experience places far from home. Where we sit to regard the passing parade. How we learn indirectly of other cultures. When we feel good together. Meals are when we get a lot of our talking done — probably most of our recreational talking. That’s what I miss.” (via afc)
– lolcat theorists. (via afc)
– Artists: quit being babies and make some great art work. carry on.
– Warm Up this summer is about to get bouncy.
– Aren’t sidewalk sheds a construction necessity, not decoration? Is it an effort to transform the ugly into pretty or just for the hell of it?
– Hungry Hyena on consumption, consumerism, top best lists, and a dislike for ryan trecartin-esque self-absorption/destruction in the art world and beyond: “Indeed, in some contexts it is brave, but when the sharing is marshalled in service of a cult of personality, it is a celebration of individual dysfunction. And when such exhibitionism is mistaken for art, it is an indication of critical and cultural dysfunction.”
– La puerta. (via wooster collective)
– I’m sorry I missed the Hunter MFA show.
– Instant art critique phrase generator: “I find this work menacing/playful because of the way the optical suggestions of the sexual signifier endangers the devious simplicity of the larger carcass. ” GENIUS! (via matthew langley)
– This website drives me crazy with its endless clickable links. Awesomeness potential everywhere. The compulsion to archive, document, collective, historicize is addictive and never ending.
– I too, will make space for crafting. This is inspiring.
– Hipster Runoff on Lady Gaga cookies: If I took this cookie to my design school senior thesis critique, I would definitely get tons of positive feedback for this cookie. The multicoloured sprinkles give the ‘hair’ a unique look that few other edible goods could achieve.
– Filter. Collect. Share.Filter. Collect. Share.Filter. Collect. Share.
– “After she dies, she’ll be a legend.” what a thing to say.
– Yay Liza! Yay Megan! My dear Liza films my dear Megan’s chickens in her backyard!
– Old farmer’s advice. Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.