– It’s been awhile.
– Watermill Center benefit hosts a group of artists frolicking about the woods like uncivilized hairy goons, fetishized to cater to the ignorant awe of really rich people in the Hamptons. Note: this review is in the style section, not the art section.
– The Arizona way is NOT the American way. I mean c’mon people: require every immigrant to carry their papers at all times otherwise it’s a crime?
– I’m reading The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao at the moment but as soon as I’m finished I’m heading straight towards Super Sad True Love Story. Shteyngart grew up in my hood and has a korean fiancee and was interviewed at In Spa. I mean, c’mon.
– Where the hell are the Korean taco trucks in the city?? Asia Dog probably comes closest but watch out folks, anyday now you will find me making kalbi kimchi burgers, hotdogs, and sandwiches. How is it that Korean cuisine is still seen as exotic? I can go take this somewhere…I really can take this somewhere…Oh the possibilities….
– Would love to read 97 Orchard: An Edible History of Five Immigrant Families in One New York Tenement, after Oscar Wao, after Shteyngart.
– Rather than writing about someone else’s art art21 writer Songco writes about ice cream in its stead. I feel you brotha.
– Work of Art recap in animated GIFs. I don’t know what all the hypes about, it’s quite annoying really, this show. I hate it. And I hate it even more that people love it because they hate it. I hate that there are art blogs and bloggers (AFC) that I admire that are all gungho about it, as if they’re faking it due to some sort of reward, whether monetary or traffic worthy. It makes me want to barf!
– Bloggy the 8th dwarf.
– Does Facebook need some governing, treat it like a country? Is it left leaning libertarian?
– Paparizzification of arts coverage IS a bad thing. Or perhaps I hold art too high up on the non-grit untainted echelon of purified culture at its prime.
– Current Time cover depicts an 18 year old Afghan woman whose nose is cut off by the Taliban for running away from in-laws. Article undefensively explains choosing the image as the cover and what message they hope to illuminate onto the peoples.
– People who own ipads are tiresome hipsters with awful personalities. via Hrag.
– Is this the future of food magazines? I am crushing on this Ithai dude, watch how he moves and cooks with such ease.
– Kanye West serenading Facebook employees. Didn’t think they and their office would look so drab.
– I’m sorry but I find this Mast Brothers promotional video absolutely ridiculous and I don’t mean it in a good way.
– How to throw a hipster wedding in 5 easy steps.