– Last Supper Festival is having a fundraiser tonight at the lovely space The Commons on Atlantic Ave and it’s themed “Tropical Sensory Masquerade”. Think low cost, high flavored food, music, beer, art and projections, and the best part of it all, a friggin’ masquerade. $10 entry, $5 with costume. Show your support folksies!
– The 5th annual The Great Hot Dog Cookoff happens from 2 – 6pm at Kelso Brewery in Clinton Hill, benefiting City Harvest. Homeslice Laena will be there showing off the Farm Dog with pepper jam and paprika aioli. Homeslice Noah will be there serving Le Hot-Dog de creme glacee with ice cream on a croissant. Sounds kinda gross.
– Head north to Beacon for a one day trip and check out Electric Windows to witness live art and installation in the making. 24 artists will be making work to be installing along the facade a former electric blanket factory and in addition there will be music, food, dancing and screen printing.
– Sonic Youth, Grass Widow, and Talk Normal play for free ($3 suggested donation) at Prospect Park. Last time I saw Sonic Youth was at Jones Beach and there were SO. MANY. FLIES. It was terrible.
– The Danger keep saying the last party will be the last party but then they just keep having parties and this one will be just as crazy as the last.
– I don’t really plan to do anything today except go Rockaway Taco and dip knee dip into the water.