– AFC on Volta.
– Latex love with Sasha Frolova.
– An exchange of pen pal letters between an American 4th grader from the 60’s and a German socialist from the 80’s. Insightful, hysterical.
– 5 Great Internet-Related Art. I saw Rafael’s work at Volta and was in love. The toilet paper is the best.
– Find any taco shop in NYC.
– Ranting lesson on Risotto. “Overcooked Risotto is COMPLETELY FUCKED. Wallpaper the house with it or give it to the dog. If you serve it I will find you and it won’t be pretty.”
– Apparently there aren’t many sustainable seafood restaurants in NY. Not many at all.
– Banning the use of salt is ridiculous. How can they think otherwise? What is the matter with them?
– All about beets.
– Historical figures on toasted sandwiches.
– Restaurant Girl spies on a competitor. This makes her creepy. But maybe this is normal and I’m the creep not phased by competitors??
– The making of a food celebrity. Barf.
– Eating cheap in the east village.
– I’d be curious to know how these boys afford these meals.
– Baohaus will soon come out with twinkies. O dear. I ate there for the first time over the weekend and their sandwiches are TINY. But delicious. Here’s the chef/owner on cock sauce. He is brilliant. “There’s this idea amongst “foodies” that spicy = good. Or that eating spicy means you know food. Or that you have a giant penis. I don’t know. I’ve never gone around measuring the penises of people who eat a lot of hot sauce, but I’m guessing there’s more of a correlation between people eating hot sauce and needing proactiv than a correlation between cock size and cock sauce.”
– I want to watch this movie.
– Behind the scenes with a food photographer.
– Catering for 80 people, spending 61 cents per person. Amazing.
– I really need to learn moderation in my diet.
– I love this baker’s honesty, especially when admitting indulging in stress and overeating and how one leads to the other. Her prose is neurotic and frantic and her baking, beautiful. Get a load of these mini chocolate dipped bananas.
– Kooky Dough! Come to NY!!
– I really really miss baking.
– What an inspiration this lady is.