- NYT Restaurant Critic Frank Bruni’s farewell tips on good eateries.
– Jerry Saltz’ fall preview. None in Brooklyn, or LES, mostly Chelsea. Boo.
– Song Dong at MoMA thru Sept 7th. Not to be missed.
– Creepy breastfeeding doll.
– I am in LOVE with these paintings by Yellena James.
– Goddamit, I missed National Topless Day.
– Brent in Greenpoint.
– I am also in LOVE with these paintings by Paul Wackers.
– Whole Foods CEO John Mackey an extremist nut, boycott ensues.
– I have mixed feelings about turnkey exhibitions. It’s a bit worrisome to have corporate curators take over a hosting museum but it is helpful (albeit a bit opportunist) to have smaller community museums to benefit with artists they wouldn’t have access to otherwise. Hmmmm…
– All about love.
– Speaking of love, I again, LOVE these street installations by Mark Jenkins.
– Tracy Morgan IS totally awesome.
– Great awesome video by Skeeter NYC on BK Farmyards. CHECK IT.
– I read this about competitive food shows and Julia Childs by Michael Pollan a few weeks back and I was very relieved to be deprived of cable. And I want to watch Julie & Julia asap.